An Easy Stand for Outdoor Photography ©
Are you frustrated by trying to pose and take photographs of your dolls outside because they won't stand in the grass or out in nature, either unsupported or without unattractive stands showing?
This easy-to-make stand could be the answer.
and the stand is completely invisible.
- sturdy coated wire
- pliers to cut and shape wire
- duct tape - preferably white
2. Cut white duct tape into strips lengthwise, and wrap wires as shown.
3. Wrap both sides of 'T' shape with duct tape
4. Pull metal part of skewer out of wooden handle, and position wire 'T' onto end of skewer,
and duct tape into place securely.
5. Bend 'T' to curve around doll's waist. To make a taller stand leave the wooden handle on the skewer
and drill a hole in the top to fit the wrapped wires.
6. Push stand into ground, and you are all set to pose and photograph your doll
* For Tiny and YoSD dolls I use coat-hanger wire instead of a BBQ skewer. Cut a piece of coat-hanger wire 13" long and bend back 1 1/2" tightly on itself. The plastic-covered "T" should be 6" across, protruding 3" from either side of the middle.
In the photo above, the wires still show a bit - if you look closely.
All Rights Reserved